If you need someone to look after your affairs and are not able to sign a Power of Attorney as you do not have the mental capacity to do this, an application has to be made to apply for a named person to be your Deputy.

A number of people can have no mental capacity, for example:

  • The effects of old age
  • Ill health
  • A result of an accident

The application is made to The Court of Protection whose primary role is to protect those who cannot manage their own decisions and finances in their best interest. A formal application is required together with supporting medical evidence and we can assist with this. We also provide home and hospital visits for appointments to gather the medical evidence we need to support your case.

There is also information available here.

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text. captcha txt

Start typing and press Enter to search