- Moving house can be one of the most stressful experiences you can have
- At Footner & Ewing we make it our business to minimise the anxiety
- We explain in plain English what the transaction involves and what we will do on your behalf
- We will warn you of any pitfalls that we can foresee
- We will keep you fully informed of progress
- We will arrange Energy Performance Certificates
What you can expect to pay
When considering the cost of buying and/or selling a property it is worthwhile bearing in mind the TOTAL cost which may include the following:
Solicitors Fees: look out for hidden charges
Shop around for the best quote but make sure that the cost quoted includes not only the fee for carrying out the legal work for you but also the other charges which must be paid when buying or selling property. We see many quotes with additional costs for so many items such as completing the stamp duty form, additional fee for a mortgage, exchanging and completing in less than two weeks, we do not charge for such items.
Estate Agents’ Fees
Shop around for the best quote but also we recommend you use local firms.
Make sure the company is reputable and insured to cover damage to your belongings (or hire a van and do the job yourself!).
The conveyancing process can take around 4 to 8 weeks depending on various factors including how long the chain is, if the property is a new build and the property needs to be completed, if a lease and the lease needs extending, if there is a mortgage and a gifted deposit needs to be disclosed. If you instruct us we will advise you as the matter progresses of any likely changes in timescale.
Click here for details of a typical transaction.
The members of our Conveyancing Department: